I’m Jen Newmeyer, aka CharityJen, a digital fundraising strategist specializing in integrated campaigns and online engagement.
Through my innovative and creative approaches during my 15+ year tenure, I’ve raised over $10 million in online revenue for nonprofit organizations. I have a passion for helping organizations reach their full potential and provide support through community board service and local and national conference presentations.
My specialties include multi-channel (integrated) campaigns with a focus on digital engagement, acquisition and retention strategies, audience segmentation, project plans with a focus on the growth funnel, strategic campaign planning and budget preparation, building ambassador programs, and establishing partnerships for maximum success.
In addition to my work as the Director of Integrated Fundraising at UNC-TV: Public Media North Carolina, I also:
- Bring nonprofits together to solve pressing problems through my CharityChats networking group
- Host events and workshops to teach campaign strategy based on the topics in my new book, “The Insider’s Guide to Online Fundraising: Finding Success When Surrounded by Skeptics“
- Serve on the marketing committee of Housing for New Hope, a Durham non-profit working to end homelessness
- Offer mentoring services through the Public Media Women in Leadership Mentoring Program
More about my services on Nonprofit.ist!
- Initiated new strategies that grew online revenue by 70% in 2017 from $800k to over $1.4 million
- Utilizing PBS prospects, grew email list from 80,000 to over 200,000 accounts
- Worked with PBS on a national P2P campaign called PBS Nerd that raised over $24,000 reaching over 2.4 million people (recap vid below!)
- Utilizing growth funnel strategies to engage, acquire, convert and steward audiences resulting in a 75% increase in online participation with both prospects and members alike
- Through corporate match contributions, increased campaign performance by 58%
- Created dynamic ask strings that resulted in average gift amounts increasing from $141 to $246
- Implemented Google Ad Grants increased search engine traffic and contributed to over $230,000 in revenue
- Launched a Social Media Ambassadors program with passionate members that helped us land a $45,000 online grant, helped us reach our December 31 $75,000 goal, and were actively involved in at 24-hour live-streaming telethon that raised $50,000 nearly every year for five years straight.
- Motivate Monday with Pamela Grow: “The Roadmap to Successful Online Fundraising,” 2020
- PBS Development SEO Webinar: “Google Ad Grant,” 2019
- Public Media Development & Marketing Conference: “Content, Marketing, Fundraising, Oh My! Breaking Down Silos For Engagement That Works,” 2018
- PBS TechCon: “Recontextualizing Fandom: Driving Revenue from a Participatory Culture,” 2017
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Member Event: “Digital Fundraising Made Simple,” 2017
- Raleigh Nonprofit Communicators Workshop: “Telethon Lessons Learned for Nonprofits” 2015
- Create Good Conference: “Going Viral: Maximize Your Social Media & Raise More Money” 2015
- Triangle AFP Member Event: “Social Media Best Practices for Nonprofits” 2013
Author of “The Insider’s Guide to Online Fundraising: Finding Success When Surrounded by Skeptics” published by Bold and Bright Media, January 2020.
Featured on PBS Development Services Spotlights
- “UNC-TV’s Bob Ross Campaign Engages Multiple Generations Through Digital & On-Air,” 2019
- “UNC-TV Quadruples Giving Tuesday Goal, Raises $44,117 in Single Day,” 2018
- “UNC-TV Sees Revenue Rise: Ups Digital Investment & Reduces On-Air Fundraising,” 2017
LW Robbins Fundraising Gold Plate Awards: Digital Holiday Campaign, 2013 and YouTube Presence, 2014