I’m Jen Newmeyer, aka CharityJen, a digital fundraising strategist specializing in integrated campaigns and online engagement.
Through my innovative and creative approaches during my 15+ year tenure, I’ve raised over $10 million for nonprofit organizations. I have a passion for helping organizations reach their full potential and provide support through community board service and local and national conference presentations.
- Initiated new strategies that grew online revenue by 70% in 2017 from $800k to over $1.4 million
- Utilizing PBS prospects, grew email list from 80,000 to over 200,000 accounts
- Worked with PBS on a national P2P campaign called PBS Nerd that raised over $24,000 reaching over 2.4 million people (recap vid below!)
- Utilizing growth funnel strategies to engage, acquire, convert and steward audiences resulting in a 75% increase in online participation with both prospects and members alike
- Through corporate match contributions, increased campaign performance by 58%
- Created dynamic ask strings that resulted in average gift amounts increasing from $141 to $246
- Implemented Google Ad Grants increased search engine traffic and contributed to over $230,000 in revenue
- Launched a Social Media Ambassadors program with passionate members that helped us land a $45,000 online grant, helped us reach our December 31 $75,000 goal, and were actively involved in at 24-hour live-streaming telethon that raised $50,000 nearly every year for five years straight.
In addition, I do presentations and workshops. Notable ones include:
- PBS Development SEO Webinar: “Google Ad Grant,” 2019
- Public Media Development & Marketing Conference: “Content, Marketing, Fundraising, Oh My! Breaking Down Silos For Engagement That Works,” 2018
- PBS TechCon: “Recontextualizing Fandom: Driving Revenue from a Participatory Culture,” 2017
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Member Event: “Digital Fundraising Made Simple,” 2017
- Raleigh Nonprofit Communicators Workshop: “Telethon Lessons Learned for Nonprofits” 2015
- Create Good Conference: “Going Viral: Maximize Your Social Media & Raise More Money” 2015
- Triangle AFP Member Event: “Social Media Best Practices for Nonprofits” 2013
Outside of work, I share good news on social media, connect with smart people at local networking events, and seek out interesting activities in the Triangle, NC region. I serve on the marketing committee of Housing for New Hope and recently participated in a podcast with a former co-worker. I like to travel, read, paint, and write. I love lattes at cozy coffee shops and dirty martinis at nice restaurants. I adore Bob Ross, Nikola Tesla and Cookie Monster.
My new book comes out in October, 2019!
Oh, yeah… I send emails too!