Nice to Meet You!
Welcome to the CharityJen network! I’m Jen Newmeyer CFRE, aka CharityJen, a digital fundraising strategist specializing in integrated campaigns and online engagement.
I work tirelessly to support nonprofit professionals as we weave through the daily challenges and delights of working in the charitable sector. Having worked in and with national and local organizations for over 20 years, I’m well aware of the issues we face on a regular basis. Many of these stories are documented in my book, “The Insider’s Guide to Online Fundraising: Finding Success When Surrounded by Skeptics,” and featured on my podcast, “From the Nest with CharityJen: Where Fundraising Takes Flight.”
Additionally, I provide a number of resources through my CharityJen network including:
- Helpful articles, ideas and advice on campaign strategy, donor stewardship, audience growth, and emerging digital technology
- Downloadable resources such as free fundraising guides and lighthearted content like the Insider’s Guide Crossword, 43 Ideas for Quarantine, and Fundraising Fortunes
- A monthly email packed with juicy tidbits and the latest digital fundraising news
- Webinars, workshops and training sessions both virtual and in-person
My specialties include multi-channel (integrated) campaigns with a focus on digital engagement, acquisition and retention strategies, audience segmentation, project plans built on the growth funnel, strategic campaign planning and budget preparation, ambassador programs, and establishing partnerships for maximum success. With fierce determination and an abundance of creativity, I’ve been able to raise over $10 million in online revenue for nonprofit organizations while managing development budgets of over $25 million and leading teams through groundbreaking campaign projects.
My past experience includes a national nonprofit association management firm, a city arts organization, and a regional food bank, with volunteer work in homeless and housing, animal shelters, and youth development. I am currently the Director of Digital Fundraising Strategy for PBS and board member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals DC Chapter. I am also a Certified Fundraising Executive through CFRE International and a contributing writer for NonProfitPRO magazine.
More about my services on Nonprofit.ist!
- Initiated new strategies that grew online revenue by 70% in 2017 from $800k to over $1.4 million
- Utilizing PBS prospects, grew email list from 80,000 to over 200,000 accounts
- Worked with PBS on a national P2P campaign called PBS Nerd that raised over $24,000 reaching over 2.4 million people (recap vid below!)
- Utilizing growth funnel strategies to engage, acquire, convert and steward audiences resulting in a 75% increase in online participation with both prospects and members alike
- Through corporate match contributions, increased campaign performance by 58%
- Created dynamic ask strings that resulted in average gift amounts increasing from $141 to $246
- Implemented Google Ad Grants increased search engine traffic and contributed to over $230,000 in revenue
- Launched a Social Media Ambassadors program with passionate members that helped us land a $45,000 online grant, helped us reach our December 31 $75,000 goal, and were actively involved in at 24-hour live-streaming telethon that raised $50,000 nearly every year for five years straight.
News you can use!
Get valuable resources, updates and the latest news on events and activities by signing up for the CharityJen monthly newsletter.
Jen’s new book, “The Insiders Guide to Online Fundraising: Finding Success When Surrounded by Skeptics,” is packed with strategies and ideas.
Enjoy this overview of the wildly successful 2017 PBS Nerd Campaign!