I’m Jen Newmeyer, aka CharityJen, a digital fundraising strategist specializing in integrated campaigns and online engagement.
Through my innovative and creative approaches during my 15+ year tenure, I’ve raised over $10 million in online revenue for nonprofit organizations. I have a passion for helping organizations reach their full potential and provide support through community board service and local and national conference presentations.
My specialties include multi-channel (integrated) campaigns with a focus on digital engagement, acquisition and retention strategies, audience segmentation, project plans with a focus on the growth funnel, strategic campaign planning and budget preparation, building ambassador programs, and establishing partnerships for maximum success.
Formerly the Director of Integrated Fundraising at UNC-TV: Public Media North Carolina, I am currently the Director of Digital Membership at WHYY in Philadelphia. In addition to my day job, I also:
- Bring nonprofits together to solve pressing problems through my CharityChats networking group
- Host events and workshops to teach campaign strategy based on the topics in my new book, “The Insider’s Guide to Online Fundraising: Finding Success When Surrounded by Skeptics“
- Send monthly emails with digital fundraising tips and inspiring charitable news from around the world.
- Provide mentoring services through the Public Media Women in Leadership Mentoring Program
More about my services on Nonprofit.ist!
- Initiated new strategies that grew online revenue by 70% in 2017 from $800k to over $1.4 million
- Utilizing PBS prospects, grew email list from 80,000 to over 200,000 accounts
- Worked with PBS on a national P2P campaign called PBS Nerd that raised over $24,000 reaching over 2.4 million people (recap vid below!)
- Utilizing growth funnel strategies to engage, acquire, convert and steward audiences resulting in a 75% increase in online participation with both prospects and members alike
- Through corporate match contributions, increased campaign performance by 58%
- Created dynamic ask strings that resulted in average gift amounts increasing from $141 to $246
- Implemented Google Ad Grants increased search engine traffic and contributed to over $230,000 in revenue
- Launched a Social Media Ambassadors program with passionate members that helped us land a $45,000 online grant, helped us reach our December 31 $75,000 goal, and were actively involved in at 24-hour live-streaming telethon that raised $50,000 nearly every year for five years straight.
- Motivate Monday with Pamela Grow: “The Roadmap to Successful Online Fundraising,” 2020
- PBS Development SEO Webinar: “Google Ad Grant,” 2019
- Public Media Development & Marketing Conference: “Content, Marketing, Fundraising, Oh My! Breaking Down Silos For Engagement That Works,” 2018
- PBS TechCon: “Recontextualizing Fandom: Driving Revenue from a Participatory Culture,” 2017
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Member Event: “Digital Fundraising Made Simple,” 2017
- Raleigh Nonprofit Communicators Workshop: “Telethon Lessons Learned for Nonprofits” 2015
- Create Good Conference: “Going Viral: Maximize Your Social Media & Raise More Money” 2015
- Triangle AFP Member Event: “Social Media Best Practices for Nonprofits” 2013
Author of “The Insider’s Guide to Online Fundraising: Finding Success When Surrounded by Skeptics” published by Bold and Bright Media, January 2020.
Featured on PBS Development Services Spotlights:
- “UNC-TV’s Bob Ross Campaign Engages Multiple Generations Through Digital & On-Air,” 2019
- “UNC-TV Quadruples Giving Tuesday Goal, Raises $44,117 in Single Day,” 2018
- “UNC-TV Sees Revenue Rise: Ups Digital Investment & Reduces On-Air Fundraising,” 2017
LW Robbins Fundraising Gold Plate Awards: Digital Holiday Campaign, 2013 and YouTube Presence, 2014