“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear
and the blind can see.”
– Mark Twain
It may fall on Friday the 13th this year but there’s no reason to be superstitious! World Kindness Day is coming up and it’s time to celebrate by thinking of others. What a better way to get into the spirit of the upcoming holiday season than participating in a few acts of kindness on Friday.
“How beautiful a day can be, when kindness touches it!”
– George Elliston
I needed some ideas so I headed over to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website. They have lots of great suggestions from sharing a kindness quote to doing a kindness activity. If you need some others, I found this article: “62 Ways to Spread Kindness Like Wildfire.”
If that all seems a little overwhelming, check out this little list of things I’ve done in the past:
- In the coffee drive-through line, pay for the car behind you. Someone did this for me once when I was having a really rough day and it brought me to tears.
- Send a card to a friend: a thank you, encouragement, or something out of the blue. It’s amazing how much happy can come in an envelope.
- Give a compliment… or many compliments!
- Be the first to RSVP. I always want to hug the first person that RSVPs to my events.
- Donate to charity. Believe me… it’s does the heart good!
“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.”
Share your ideas on social media using the hashtag #WorldKindnessDay. And check out some of the awesome shareable image quotes on the World Kindness Day Webpage:
I hope you’ll join in on Friday. Even the smallest act of kindness makes a huge difference. Happy World Kindness Day to you and hope you’re spirit is filled with joy!